Thursday, May 1, 2008

My wicket says your Cricket is boring...

Perhaps for the first time ever, sex overshadows the thrilling sport of Cricket.



Yeah...I couldn't keep a straight face either.  

I can't say I'm surprised, really.  I'm not sure how anyone thought this would be a spectacular idea.  India, for all it's economic growth and growing clout in the political realm, has, at best, grown sideways on a social front.  They remain, by all accounts, socially conservative near to the point of a humanitarian crisis.  Say what you want about American "morals" (see, I did it again, can't keep a straight face when I say it) but I'd much rather live in a world with scantily clad girls at the Cricket match than one without.  You can't watch the game because you'd have to know the Rules of the game to enjoy it, and there are only about 16 people on the planet who do.  So for the rest of us, there are miniskirts and tank-tops that don't fit.  And liquor.  Lots and lots of liquor.  THAT, at least, doesn't seem to be a problem for them.  

No comments: