Monday, December 10, 2007

Tequila Flambe? The hell you say...

      I had an opportunity last weekend to visit my buddy Matt at his new job.  I was looking forward to a night of sitting at the bar and getting slid free drinks and excess liquor from the drinks of my fellow patrons (which can be both exciting and terrifying) and I was not disappointed.  What I had not anticipated was the burger.  Sure, I had heard that Rare was a high-end burger joint, and I'm sure I could even recall Matt mentioning them being absolutely worth the price, but at $21, I was enormously skeptical.  

I was wrong. 

 
The Rare T-Bone burger with deep fried onions, cheddar cheese, and truffle butter was the second best thing I'd ever eaten in a restaurant.  I knocked that burger back like a sorority girl on pledge night.  Then I found out why.  Not only is the ground T-bone steak charbroiled, it's also flambed in  Tequila.  I have no idea if that significantly changed the flavor or texture of the burger, but it sure enhanced the coolness factor of what I had already eaten--which after three margaritas, is as important as the taste itself!

No comments: